Painting has been considered an ordinary and easy task that anybody can pick a brush or roller and get the job done on the surface. This notion is extremely misleading and not accurate. It takes a painting professional to create a flawless finish on your walls. It is time to let go of the attitude of anyone can do and start hiring a skilled painting professional if you want along with your project a new lease of life to your home. Also, if you want your new home to start with the right foot. Painting professionals will understand perfectly all-round shapes of houses and give exactly the painting it deserves. They understand perfectly how to handle high-end walls and safety precautions they need to do to ensure they accomplish the job safely.
Planning your painting project
If you are looking forward to complete a residential house painting in Melbourne or commercial building, or if you want to improve the visual persona of your house, or make a face-lift to give a new lease of life to your property, you are on the right track. Continue following along to get superb guidance on anything to do with painting. Below is a checklist for you to accomplish the painting project without a hustle. Take a cup of tea, a pen, and a notepad and jot down the following questions that will guide you all through your painting project.
- What is your total budget for the whole painting project?
- What are the objectives of your painting?
- Preventive maintenance
- Rendering repair
- Wall painting
- Solid plaster repair
- Building maintenance
- Set priorities on what needs to be done urgently and needs urgent addressing and those that can be done later.
- Do you have photos of your house before the job commences, also make sure to take some photos after the finishing is done?
Things to consider before commencing painting job
- Ascertain the foundation you are going to lay your painting on. Consider the type of foundation your painting work will be on and choose the paints appropriately. Also, put into consideration the paintings if they are exterior or interior. There are paints appropriate for interior and those appropriate for exterior painting.
- Ascertain the scope of painting, if you will need to include fixtures like windows, doors, fascia boards, and eves.
- Find out beforehand if your painting project will require work before painting. Painting professionals will advise accordingly if some repairs need to be done, for example, in areas like expansion joints, cracks on the walls, peelings. This needs to be addressed before laying your paints on.
Primers in painting
A primer is essential in the painting process; they are not the paint, but an important component. They might be similar to the paint and applied in the same way but will never be used as the final coating. The reason why primer is important is that they allow the paint to stick on it and form adhesive which will make the paint last longer.
In addition to water-based and oil-based paints, there are different sheens in them as well. Paint sheens come in different levels of glossy. On one end are those that are flat and less glossy, for example; matte, eggshell, satin, while on the other hand are those that are highly glossy. Some are enamel paints. They are highly durable and resistant to abuse suitable for use in areas like kitchen, bathrooms, and toilets.